tirsdag 8. mars 2011

Pro Capital Management (scam)

Got a call from a girl (?) called Aya today. She's from the Philippines.

Aya: Hi, is this Mr. Anders?
Me: Yes
Aya: Hi, Mr. Anders. I'm calling from a company called Pro Capital Management.
Me: Sorry, what's your name?
Aya: Aya
Me: And does your company have a website?
Aya: Uhm, yeah, it's www.procapitalmanagement.com ... Mr. Anders, how are you today?
Me: I'm good. I can't access your website (I thought she said BRO instead of PRO)
Aya: Try to reload it. Mr. Anders, first of all, I must say, this is NOT a sale.
Me: Right. Where is the company located?
Aya: In Tokyo.
Me: Are you using a voice machine?
Aya: Why would you say that?
Me: Because you guys have called me multiple times this week.
Aya: I've never called you before.
Me: Well, you sound exactly like the rest.
Aya: Mr. Anders, I would like to ask you if it's ok if I send you some information about our company and our services.
Me: What services?
Aya: Commodities
Me: Ok. Sorry, no. I'm not interested in your services.
Aya: Why do you halt the conversation for so long when you're not interested?
Me: Cause you guys call me all the time and try to scam me.
Aya: You should have just said no right away.
Me: Yes, and then you say something like "But Mr. Anders, you don't know what I'm going to say"...

She hangs up.

I realized later that I wrote the wrong url so I checked it. It's obviously a scam, cause when you try to login they don't even bother to check your username. They actually just send you directly to the "login failed" page. I checked the html of the page, and I found this:

form id="Form2" action="./loginerror.html" method="post" name="contact"

This means that when you click on the button, the browser will open the page loginerror.html ... This indicates that they don't care about your login, they just want it to look like the login button works.

You might be impressed by the content of these pages, but in most cases they have ripped it off some other page (a serious page, most likely)

Pro Capital Management also have a twin site, "Anderson Shaw Group" (http://www.andersonshawgroup.com) which has the same content (they just replaced the company name), same phone numbers, same emails etc. Also a scam.

The domain names are registered behind a different company who protects the identity of the real people behind this scam.

So, for your own sake, stay away.


1 kommentar:

  1. Hi, I am from Fraudsters.com group tracing scammers behind Pro Capital Management and other connectec fraudulent brokerage companies. I invite you to visit our website www.fraudsters.com and join forces with us. Regards!

    SvarSlett

Comments containing links unrelated to this blog post will not be approved and will never show on this site.